We aim to make your treatment at New Life Teeth as pleasant as possible every time you visit us. However, if you feel you have not been treated as you would like, or are dissatisfied with any aspect of our practice, we want to know. It is only by listening to you that we can improve our service.
Please mention any concerns in the first instance to your dentist or contact our practice manager, Diane Tindall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New Life Teeth Complaints Procedure
- When patients complain, they will be dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
- Our aim is to react to concerns or complaints in a positive way. We use complaints as an opportunity to learn which areas could be addressed to avoid the same issue arising in the future.
- A complaint should be responded to by telephone and acknowledged in writing or email normally within three working days. In many cases, the complaint will be resolved at this point. If this is the case then the complaint will be logged for future learning.
- If the complaint is not resolved initially, a response will be drawn up within 10 days. If for any reason, a response is likely to take longer we will let the patient know.
- We will investigate the complaint speedily and efficiently and will keep the patient regularly informed, as far as reasonably practicable, as to the progress of the investigation.
- When we have completed our investigation, we will provide the patient with a full written report, including an explanation of how the complaint has been considered, the conclusions reached in respect of each specific part of the complaint and details of any necessary remedial action.
- Proper, comprehensive records will be retained of any complaint received as well as any actions taken.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then full details of how to raise a concern or complaint can be found on the website of the General Dental Council:
Patients can also complain to:
Healthcare Improvement Scotland
Independent Healthcare Team
Gyle Square | 1 South Gyle Crescent | Edinburgh | EH12 9EB
T: 0131 623 4342